Thursday, May 1, 2008

Anticipation

I finally get to walk out West in the incredibly breathtaking state of Utah. I was so excited about the walk when Subway of Utah asked me to come out, that I ordered the state magazine and I had forgotten just how beautiful Utah is. I visited Utah in 1996, over 12 years ago. I have seen Zion National Park and Canyonlands National Park - I have even visited Salt Lake... but I had forgotten about the mountain views! Gorgeous!

This "Border to Border" Utah walk will be a challenge in several "different" ways for me compared to living and walking in Florida.
1. Utah does not have high humidity like Florida does - so the dry heat will be a major change. I will need to stay hydrated and wear a lot of moisturizer!
2. Utah's elevation can reach up to 4000 feet above sea level; where I live, I am at sea level. The higher the elevation, the lower the oxygen.
3. Utah has the desert, Florida has the palm trees... 2 different worlds!

The one thing we all have in common is the need to get fit and stay healthy! I personally want to thank Subway for seeing the vision and for having a heart to get behind my efforts to take my life back. Now with Subway's help I want to encourage others to put down the fork and put on their walking shoes! Please start taking the steps that are necessary to take back your life!!

I am looking forward to walking in the cities and communities of Utah! I hope that you will check this blog often as I walk from "Border to Border." Come walk with me when I'm in your city!

10 comments:

Paco Belle said...

Debra-

It will be nice having you in Utah. Finally, I will get to meet the lady behind all the interviews in Knoxville. Looking forward to your walk. All the best!!! Good Luck!

Scott Duehlmeier

Amy P said...

Dear Ms. Debra

What a blessing you are to so many people, helping those who don't know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, helping them with your actions and words. We have you in our hearts and prayers here at my Church where I work at. May God continue to bless you always and in all ways. Be safe and always look for God in your heart, soul and mind. Always give Him the Glory!

God's peace,
Amy Patrick

Debra Flinn said...

Hey Amy,
Thank you for writing me today! What a surprise!!! Thanks for your prayers they always mean so much to me!!! Have a Blessed day!
Debra

Debra Flinn said...

Hey Scott,
I am looking forward to meeting you too! I just left Tennessee! It was a AWESOME time!!! See you in 2 days! Debra

Teresa said...

Hey Deb,
I am so excited for you and I think it's GREAT that Subway is supporting your efforts. I know you will make it and you will be a Blessing to everyone you come in contact with.
YOU GO GIRL!!!
Praying for You, Teresa Rhoden

Debra Flinn said...

Hey Teresa!
Thank you for writing me!Yes I am grateful to Subway for believing in what I am doing and because of that we can help others start combining walking and eating right!... Helping others take back their lives is a privilege and it is really great when you hear how this is all affecting others! Thank you for your prayers! I will keep everyone updated!Love Debra

Teresa said...

Goood afternoon Deb,
Hope you had a good flight.
I know you weren't looking forward to flying but I knew you would be safe. I pray for strength and encouragement to overflowing for this next week. You can do it!
Go Debra, Go Debra (LOL)
Luv, Teresa

Teresa said...

It's me again, I think I added a photo to my profile, I just wanted to check it out. I didn't want you to forget what I look like. (LOL) Teresa

Tiff said...

hey mom you rock
=]
miss you and dad!

Teresa said...

Greetings Deb,
It looks like your having a great time. I bet it was cold... yesterday. The pictures are beautiful, thanks for sharing them. Keep up the good work!
Luv Ya,Teresa