Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day: Kanarraville to Cedar City

Happy Mothers Day to all of you moms out there! I have spent my Mothers Day walking Kanarraville and Cedar City; it was incredible!!! After our first 10 miles we ate lunch at the Cedar City Subway on Main Street and we met some new people along the way. I was able to share my story with them about how Subway has made such an impact in my life. The temperature was perfect, 65 degrees, a little on the windy side, but it was incredible walking weather. We walked all the way to the Subway located at exit 62 in Cedar City! The employees were excited to meet me and I was just as excited to meet them!
I also stopped at the Beaver Subway; what a great groups of girls and spectacular mountain views!

I also visited the Fillmore Subway where the manager of the resaurant, Sara Robison, has lost 60 lbs eating Subway. She has to lose weight because she was in a 4-wheeler accident and had a serious back injury, and the doctor told her to lose weight or possibly lose her legs. She is doing better since losing the weight but she needs to lose 150 lbs. She is going to continue eating Subway. She can’t exercise yet until her back gets better but she is not going to quit.

It has been a great day! Tomorrow I will be walking from Provo all the way to Lehi-- 20 miles!!

First stop: Kanarraville

Washington city

A lady I met during a rest room stop who she loved our T-Shirts, so I shared my story with her.




A young man who overheard me speaking with the lady and I told him my story



Beaver Subway staff and I


Hello Cedar City!



Cedar City Subway at Exit 62


Main Street Cedar City Subway


Fillmore Subway and staff

Here is the picture of Sara and me...from Fillmore visit!


Subway Saint George


Red Cliffs Subway staff and me

No comments: