Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday, May 13th: Lehi to Highland Drive in SLC

Today started on the cold side, but the sky was clear and the views were gorgeous. The white topped mountains are just incredible! I walked through several communities. I started North of Lehi and ended at the Subway located on Highland, approximately 18 miles today! I stopped at every Subway along the way and met a lot of new people!!! So much fun!

I had one newspaper interview along with a photo shoot today. He was great to work with!

We finished and moved to our hotel by 6:30 PM, just in time to see one of my favorite shows called American Idol. Oh, and guess what? I walked right through Murray and guess whose home town that is? Yes, my pick for the American Idol, David Archuleta! He was in town over the weekend...I would have loved to have seen him while I was here!


Another Subway in Murray along with their staff

Stopped by the Subway located in St. Marks Hospital
My feet started getting very hot and tired, so I walked in my bare feet for about a mile. The grass on the sides of the sidewalk was nice and cold and it helped my tired feet.


Highland Subway staff and me. I stopped here, making it an 18 mile day!



Subway in Murray. That staff was busy working.
I met this man at the Murray Subway and I shared my story with him. He said he has lost 25 lbs as well with the combination of right food choices and exercise. He works at the Post Office in Murray! Great guy!


Murray

I walked to Midvale
Subway at Midvale
The Midvale staff and I
One of the customers who was visiting-- I shared my story and he will be watching Fox at 7:00 am!




Subway Sandy. Rosario is the manager, had a great visit with him. He was busy filling an order for 45 subs!!

No comments: