Monday, May 12, 2008

First day of my Utah Walk

Today was an absolutely wonderful day walking in Utah. We started walking at a park in St. George where the community was welcome to join in and I walked from there to the city of Washington. The sky was perfectly clear and blue and the views were spectacular! When we were finished walking 15 miles we were picked-up and taken back to the hotel so we could freshen up for a meeting we had in Cedar City at the Main Street park! The ladies from the sassy Red Hat Society came out to greet me! These ladies were just AWESOME! It was so much fun sharing my story with them, and when we were finished with dinner and my story, most of them joined me in a walk around the park. I am so proud of them! They were a great group of ladies and I will always remember them.
Oh and they made me a honorary member and because I was under 50 years of age they presented me with a sparkly pink hat ( instead of red one) along with purple feathers for around my neck and a Utah pin. It was so much fun. Subway was generous enough to provide food for the group as well as Subway cash cards as part of a drawing. The ladies really appreciated Subway hosting this event. Thanks Subway for caring about our health!






No comments: