Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wednesday, May 14th: Highland Drive to Downtown Salt Lake City

Today I started walking at 5:00 am from where I left off last night, at a Subway owned by Subway of Utah's board chair, Robert. He has lost more than 100 lbs. as well. When I first met him I thought I was meeting the man I was going to walk with named Dr. Sagers, who is the principal of East High School, which just happens to be the home of the Disney's hit movie High School Musical!! I took a lot of pictures and even stood by the pink locker... it was AWESOME! Dr. Sagers has set a goal to lose 100 lbs before the school lets out for the summer, and he is on his way, because he has lost almost 90 lbs of it! He was an AWESOME gentleman to walk with and I was thankful to meet him. His vice-principal came along with us and the 5 of us headed back to East High to walk 3 and half miles together!

When we left there I went to a live interview on Fox that was really a lot of fun and then we headed over to a KJZZ TV program which was just as much fun! And then over to another radio station on 94.1 KODJ with Steve Harmon that was just over the top!

After those interviews I started walking again all the way downtown Salt Lake City, meeting several news media outlets along the way. Salt Lake City is awesome! After we ate lunch at Subway we starting heading toward our destination, and we came along a man who we knew needed to eat, so we stopped and spoke with him and gave him one of my Subway cash cards so he could eat for the day. He was very grateful.

At 3:30 p.m. I had another radio interview on 101.9 - The End with Parker. This was really a lot of fun!!! I am looking forward to what tomorrow will bring!
Our stop at the Salt Lake Tribune

Radio interview at 101.9 FM
NBC
Channel 2 News
We ate at this Subway in Salt Lake for lunch
This man is a homeless man on the sidewalk where I was walking and so I gave him one of my Subway cash cards to eat lunch at Subway.
Me and a reporter from the Deseret News newspaper
Me and a reporter from NBC



KODJ with Steve Harmon


Trolley Square
Fox 13
KJZZ TV and me
KJZZ Rep and me
Dana and me






My 5 am walk with Dr. Sagers, Mr. Y and Robert,
East High

2 comments:

Honi said...

I think it is wonderful when someone finds something that helps them stay healthy with the passion that you demonstrate for your health.. all the best..

Debra Flinn said...

Hey Honi,
Thanks for writing me today!I am passionate about helping people get out of the rut they may find themselves in... I know I was in a dark pit until I decided to take back my life and do something about my situation and my health!!!... Have a Great day and thanks again for writing! Debra